Vet Referral Services
Mount Vets Referrals offers referral level surgery referrals for vets from our purpose built, RCVS accredited veterinary hospital in Wellington, Somerset.
If you would like to refer or discuss a case, please contact us by phone or email:
Listed below are a number of procedures we are performing routinely and would be happy to take on a referral basis.
These prices are inclusive of VAT.
TPLO up to 35kg£3,250
TPLO over 35kg£3,500
TPLO Cranial Closing Wedge Osteotomy up to 35kg £3,250TPLO Cranial Closing Wedge Osteotomy over 35kg £3,500
- Tibial crest transposition, sulcoplasty and lateral imbrication as appropriate
HipOpen reduction Toggle Femoral Head Ostectomy£800
Many fractures can be managed by either internal (plate/ rod) fixation or external fixation (ESF). An estimate can be provided after review of radiographs, please include a size calibrated marker on films.
Soft Tissue Referrals
We offer surgery for soft tissue surgery including reconstruction, liver and lung lobectomy, urinary tract surgery and oncological surgical techniques. Other procedures can be discussed on a case by case basis and estimates given after initial consultation.
Arytenoid Lateralisation (Tieback procedure) £1,200
Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) £1,650
- Consists of soft palate resection and widening of stenotic nares as appropriate.
Lateral Wall Resection£1,400
Ventral Bulla Osteotomy (VBO) £1,800
Total Ear Canal Ablation (TECA) with Lateral Bulla Osteotomy (LBO)£2,800
ThoracicPatent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)£1,400
- Following echo confirmation
Urinary and Reproductive
- Scrotal, pre-scrotal, or pubic as indicated
Our ophthalmology referral service is available for a wide range of medical and surgical ocular conditions in small animals.
Every patient will have a comprehensive ophthalmic examination using:-
- Slit lamp biomicroscopy
- Direct and Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
With the option of further diagnostics where necessary.
We regularly treat
- Brachycephalic Ocular Syndrome
- Canine and Feline Anterior Uveitis
- Cherry Eye (Nictitans Gland prolapse)
- Chronic Superficial Keratitis – Pannus
- Corneal Endothelial Dystrophy management
- Corneal Ulceration – deep and superficial
- Dry Eye (Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca)
- Feline Corneal Sequestrum
- Eyelid disorders such as entropion, ectropion, distichiasis
Our surgical procedures include
- Parotid Duct Transposition
- Third Eyelid surgery including cherry eye and scrolled cartilage correction
- Eyelid surgeries for correction of entropion and ectropion including reconstructive prcedures
- Corneal surgery using grafting techniques
- Thermal Keratoplasty
- Intracapsular lens extraction for lens luxation